Chocolate chip cookies recipe for snack-lovers
For those days without milk tea.
I haven’t been talking much about snacks, have I? Apart from dishes in my eat-clean menu recently, I also started to discover delicious and easy-to-make snacks, especially during the social distancing time when we can’t buy coffee or pastries here in Vietnam.
I’d like to share my homemade chocolate chip cookies recipe. A great companion to munch on while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and milk in the afternoon!
If chocolate is not in your forte, check out my no-bake cheesecake recipe here.
Ok, now let’s dive right in.
- 100g of white sugar
- 110g of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Vanilla powder
- 1/2 spoon of kosher salt or table salt
- 1/2 spoon of baking soda
- 160g of baking flour
- About 175g of chocolate chips
- 114g of unsalted butter
- Melt the unsalted butter in a pan until it slightly bubbles and turns a brown-ish color, transfer it into a bowl.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar and egg in the bowl and mix well.
- Add the set amount of vanilla powder, baking soda, salt into the bowl and mix well after the sugar melts.
- After that, add baking flour and chocolate chips, dark chocolate and mix well to get the final dough.
- Use either your hands or a piping back to shape the cookie. Place pieces of dough with a little bit distance from each other so they have space to expand when we bake them.
- Let them “rest” for around 10 minutes, or I would just prepare the dough at night, stick them into the fridge and simply bake them the next morning.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 – 12 minutes
- Finally, let them cool down and enjoy!
I believe that this is a super easy recipe that anyone can master. Note that baking requires more attention to details than cooking, so you could try purchasing a baking scale to measure the flours and other ingredients. If you would like to have a video tutorial to closely follow the steps, here’s the video that I referred to: https://youtu.be/f-M3JN_7LGU
Hope you will try it and don’t forget to show me the results!
You may want to read